I think "The Grinch" is my FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE of all time. And to honour that amazing film, i decide to do something very cute! Today i'll teach you how to my new holiDIY idea: Grinch Placemats.
This DAY is a little bit difficult but i swear, it's worth it and a good project for this season. So you can So you can invite some friends or family and make it more fun.
- A 13" x 18" piece for the top
- A piece a bit larger than that for the back (fat quarters are great for both.)
- Scrap of batting or fleece, at least 14"x19"
- about 65" of binding.
- The Grinch printable pattern- green, white, red, and yellow felt
- Cindy Lou Who printable pattern- peach, yellow, pink, white and blue felt.
- Spray adhesive
- Water soluble marking pen
- Embroidery needle
- Black perle cotton or floss
STEP BY STEP:
- Use the pattern sheet to cut out your felt. I like to trace the shapes on freezer paper for this.
- Use spray adhesive to get all your pieces in place on the top of the placemat, the 13x18 piece.
- Stitch around every felt piece with your machine using a straight stitch. Using all white thread is ok too.
- Use your water soluble tool to add the facial features. Hand embroider in black using a basic backstitch.
- Baste your backing, batting and top all together using pins or spray and quilt as desired.
- Bind as you would a quilt.
That's it, just follow the steps, do it with calm and have fun. And if you give it a try to this idea, well... Use your Twitter and send me your pics: @GavreelMonroe or if you still have some questions, just ASK ME
XO- Monroe's Kisses & Hugs -XO